What You Can Do Right Now
- RSVP for the Women’s March on Montpelier and Unity Rally on Facebook
- Spread the word to your family, friends, and colleagues
- Help with planning email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make art for the March email email@example.com
Tell Vermont Why You’re Coming
Write an email using the prompt “My name is ______ and I’m coming to Montpelier because…” in the form below:
We will share marchers’ stories on this site and on social media.
Send Us Your Video: Tell Everyone Why You’re Going to the Women’s March and Unity Rally
With the help of Rights and Democracy (www.radvt.org) we are collecting videos from people going to the Women’s March and Unity Rally on January 21, 2017, in Montpelier, Vermont. We want you to record a video on your phone or computer telling the world why you’ll be in Montpelier. We will post your videos on the website, Facebook, Twitter and other social media. We think these video testimonials have the power to motivate and inspire people to get out and have their voices heard.
The Videos have a Simple Format:
Start by saying: “I’m ____________(your first name only) and I’m coming to Montpelier because________________________.” When you’re done with the video email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and he’ll send you the Dropbox link where you can upload your video.
You can also copy and paste the following Dropbox link into your browser to submit your video: https://www.dropbox.com/request/E0469BYk91chN5nww89s
A tutorial on how to create your video:
Here are a couple of suggestions to improve the quality of the video:
1. Find a quiet place to make your video. Be sure to turn off any music that’s playing.
2. Use a set of earbuds with a microphone if you have some. The sound will be much better than if you use the mic on your phone or computer.
3. Turn your phone sideways, so you’re shooting horizontally.
4. Leave two seconds of quiet at the beginning and end of your video so we have some editing room.
We’re very excited to share your thoughts and feelings about coming to Montpelier on January 21. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Dave (email@example.com) if you have any questions or need any help.